With a total surface area of 52 ha, in the northern section of the Krupp-Gürtel Essen’s 51st urban district is taking shape, comprising:
- 11 ha of open space with green and water zones
- 12 ha of high-quality office and commercial space
- 7 ha featuring approximately 1,800 homes
- traditional family apartments
- multi-generation houses with integrated communal areas
- custom-built apartments for singles
- student apartments with a choice of features
- senior citizen-appropriate apartments
Barrier-free housing is a particular focus of the new urban quarter, with individually-selectable leisure and healthcare services and special mobility offers.
Comfort takes the form of an extensive range of services, a service-based local supply network and various social facilities such as kindergarten, school, senior citizens’ club and meeting hall for the quarter.
Living in ESSEN 51 means living in green surroundings, by the water, with ample space for relaxation and activities.